Sunday, March 11, 2012

I'll be right back....honestly I will.

As my first blog entry I had thought about doing a bit of background on myself and how I found myself where I am today. However after contemplating all the things I could write about I decided that was just a bit too boring to start with. I am just going to jump right in feet first and see what happens.

Naming a blog is a serious thing. I have been sitting for days on several ideas for naming this blog. I had many whimsical, silly, spiritual and practical blog names scribbled on a scrap of paper just waiting for me to decide. I wanted it to say not only the main idea behind the blog as a whole but, I wanted it to speak something of me as well. Sitting on the sofa this morning, laptop in lap, I ran some of the titles by my husband. Much like the naming of our son, I got a couple half hearted, "mm hm"s and a few other "yeah"s. Except unlike naming our son when it finally came down to it I was left to decide for myself.

My son, the monster as I will call him for blogging purposes, woke from his nap with the usual yell from the bedroom. Opening the door to the room I see him doing his normal "I'm awake" routine. Standing in his bed, yelling at the top of his lungs and upon seeing me smiling from ear to ear. "Silly baby."

Returning to the living room, monster in hand, I say to my husband..."I don't know what to name this @#x$*! blog. I pass the monster to his daddy and proceed to the kitchen to fetch a bottle. Much to my dismay the monster begins to yell and cry because mommy has now left the room. This is normal for him and what's normal for me is to say "I'll be right back!"..............pouring a bottle........I yell to my husband, "Hey that's what I'll name the blog, "I'll be right back!"...."mm hm".....*sigh*...no never mind that.

The name of this blog, Footprints in the sandbox, is reminiscent of a popular spiritual poem. I myself am not very religious but, my husband is a PK (Preachers kid) and I have been influenced by him. I have become more spiritual and thought that this name was not just cute but, that it hints of just a touch of religion and that rings true to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment